The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
is seeking proposals for papers on the subject of job creation, with an emphasis on constructive interventions - environmentally and socially. The invitation is in preparation for a a mini-conference that CCPA-BC, BC Federation of Labour and the Progressive Economics Forum are holding on Nov. 21, 2014 – A Good Jobs Economy in BC
Proposals are requested by September 8th, one page only!
• Solutions to youth unemployment
• Green jobs
• Sustainable and value-added resource development
• The role of the public sector in wealth and job creation (including crown corporations,
post-secondary education sector, government procurement, infrastructure and services)
• Financing alternative job creation
• A jobs vision for rural and First Nations communities
• Moving from “any job” to Good Jobs
• Effective employment strategies for more marginalized populations (recent immigrants,
Aboriginal people, people with disabilities)
• What does modern industrial policy look like?
• Role of co-ops, social enterprises and community economic development
• Encouraging and retaining high-tech and creative sector jobs
For more information Click Here.