“Pandemic restrictions have accelerated the shift from paper to digital payments”, reports Central1 who process our Interac e-Transfers®. There are many benefits to transferring funds electronically, but are they safe and is your money secure? Yes!
When you send money using Interac e-Transfer®, your money doesn’t actually travel by email or text message – just the notifications and deposit instructions. The receiving and sending bank or credit union transfer the funds to each other using established and secure banking procedures. At CCEC, our security measures include:
- Encryption technology
- Confidential user IDs and passwords
- Secure login process
- Security question and answer
While these security measures are in place, when you use the service please follow these safety tips:
- Sign up for Auto Deposit. Also, encourage your recipient to sign up for Auto Deposit.
- Action the e-Transfer the moment you receive it. Also, encourage your recipient to action the e-Transfer as soon as it is received.
- If you created a security question, do not email the answer or put it in the message of the e-Transfer.
- Do not open any e-Transfer Requests that you do not recognize.
- Be very aware of online scams and requests for money. Refer to these security tips
Click here to learn more and visit the Interac website.
If you have any questions, refer to the FAQ on our website