A CCEC member goes beyond the Forbes top 15 Fintech startups to watch for this year. CrowdGIFT is a values based crowdfunding platform with a philosophy of unconditional generosity. Their clients tend to be groups with a mandate for social responsibility or political justice. So, who uses CrowdGIFT? Turns out our CCEC members do!
Ben West (TankerFreeBC, the Great Climate Race) worked with CrowdGIFT to sell his book on Fossil Fuel and more recently to fundraise for the Great Climate Race . Last month we featured The Decentralized Dance Party , who also uses this platform. Why this platform and not the others? And why enter a market that seeds to be crowded?
Scott Nelson, a Director for CrowdGIFT says, “We are living in interesting times as we are in a world where there is dissatisfaction with the current crowdfunding platforms and a general dissatisfaction with our mainstream banks.” The better known crowdfunding models are exclusive, use Paypal or other ‘invasion oriented’ payment methods, and the campaigner is penalized with higher service fees or non-payment if you don’t reach your target.
A key differentiator with CrowdGIFT is their use of digital currencies. Scott says, “People have the right to economic privacy.” As our foundation is unconditional generosity this includes anonymity and privacy for the gifter. He believes in digital currencies for two main reasons: they operate on the principles of decentralization, where no one is a controlling agency as is the case with our current paper money; and privacy. Read more about digital currencies in the blog (insert link). Scott has been a strong advocate for digital currencies since 2010 which is aligned in his following of Austrian Economics. The quote from Julian Assange (Wikileaks) rings true for him,
“Transparency for the powerful, privacy for the weak.”
Scott sees crowdfunding as an expanding market as more fundraising will go this way. CrowdGIFT is about showcasing generosity.
There are five key reasons to choose CrowdGIFT:
1. We never hold your funds. All contributions flow straight through to you, almost instantly.
2. You keep all funds you receive, whether you meet your funding goal or not.
3. Our "offline direct payment" option allows your supporters to give via cash, wire transfer, money order or any other method you can figure out. This offers greater privacy and eliminates PayPal and credit card processing fees.
4. You can easily accept modern digital currencies including Bitcoin, Dash, Litecoin, as well as Dogecoin.
5. With crowdgift.ca, you choose how much to gift back for our service: anywhere from 0% to 20%.
So, what’s next for Scott? While currently he is playing in the field of converging technologies: web, mobile and alternate currencies, he sees the next wave as machine learning and its’ application to personal growth and development.
For more information visit https://crowdgift.ca/